What is “Math Fact War”?
This is card game through which kids can practice one or multiple mathematical operations.
Math Fact Cards (DIY)
How to create math fact cards?
- Cut out cards of 2 Inch x 3 Inch from a sheet of paper.
- You can make as many cards as u deem appropriate for the game. We would suggest, make 40.
- Choose the mathematical operation that you want to be practiced.
- Suppose you chose, Addition. Write addition facts on the card without the answer.
- You can also repeat the facts on multiple cards.
How to play “Math Fact War” Math Game
- Divide the fact cards evenly amongst the students
- On the count of three, all students throw down a card.
- Each student will have to call out the sum or answer to their math fraction cards (assuming we are playing fro addition)
- The card with the highest sum wins. The winner will collect all the cards in play.
- If the students have the same answer, then they play against each other again. The winner will capture all the cards in play.
- The game is played until a player runs out of cards.
Whoever collects the maximum number of cards wins the game.
This activity is an easy way for students to practice their math facts in a new and unique way! Stay tuned for more such amazing math activities.Math Activities – Math Fact Wars!May 22, 2017Math Activities – Math Fact Wars!May 22, 2017
Sharing is caring