Guess TheÂ Number Math Game
Why play math game “Guess the number”?
With this mathÂ activity, the kids could practice any math operation, addition, multiplication, division with ease and a lot of fun.
How to play “Guess the number”?
- This activity can be done a large group, in pairs or in small groups of 3-4.
- To start with, a student chooses a number on the number chart. He is not supposedÂ to tell that number to anyone, just keep it to himself
- The players have to identify thatÂ number by asking that student a series of questions
- The students will start crossing off the numbers that can’t be and circling the numbers that could be the chosen number.
- Whoever identifies the correct number first, will win the game and get to choose the next number.
Things To Note
- The clues or questions can depend upon the class. example – Â For 3rd grade the questions can be like “Is it a multiple of 5? Or greater than 70?”
- For students of grade 1 play with the number chart with numbers 1 to 20.Â Then, students could ask if the number is bigger or smaller than numbers within that range.
- This game can be played from 5 to 20 minutes.
This is an extremely fun activity for kids of grade 1 to 5. It not only helps them practice their math facts but also sharpens their analytical skills. For more such fun math activities read the related articles and stay tuned for more.Math Activities – Guess The NumberMay 22, 2017Math Activities – Guess The NumberMay 22, 2017
Sharing is caring